Monday, February 11, 2013

My Favorite Color

It is week five of the 52 week photo challenge from M4H photography! If you wish to follow along with the photo challenge here is the link:

My Four Hens Photography

The theme for week five was, my favorite color. As a beginning photographer you begin learning in black and white. You focus on your subject, line and composition of the photo and you edit for shades of gray. Color can be distracting and take away from the importance of your subject, but if done right and in the right context, it can also help to enhance your photograph and add interest. As a Fine Art photographer I tend to lean towards photos that are black and white.

Since the theme of the week was color, and my favorite color, I decided to (mostly) leave out the black and white. I don't know if it is because I live in one of the grayest places in the country and I can't remember the last time I saw blue sky or because I actually enjoy the color blue, but that was the color that I chose to take as my focus. Bainbridge Island and the Seattle area in general is an area where people are surrounded by nature and it is important to our culture. This is why I tend to prefer to photograph outside as much as I can rather then in a studio. Enjoy!


Lytle Beach!


My favorite color!


No comments:

Post a Comment