Monday, September 9, 2013

Hurricane Ridge

Hurricane Ridge has always been a staple for our family. When we want to go hiking or have people visiting we go up to Hurricane Ridge. About twenty five miles out of Port Angeles Washington, Hurricane Ridge has spectacular views of not only the incredible Olympic mountain range, but of ocean and wildlife as well. As one of my last weekends in Washington, I wanted to make one more trip up with the family. Unfortunately, I picked labor day weekend so there was a lack of parking spaces but defiantly not a lack of extraordinary views and large amounts of deer and marmots.


This photograph is probably my favorite because it gives you a perspective of what you are surrounded by while you are hiking and it is an incredible one. Unfortunately I went up in the later afternoon, which causes harsher lighting so the colors are not as brilliant and rich as I would like but I think that you can get the idea of how beautiful it is. 


As I said, there was large amounts of wildlife, including these beautiful little guys. I was lucky enough to not only photograph two of them together, but to also have them hold still long enough to snap a photograph. 


As I was taking this picture, my younger brother asked me why I was laying on the ground. Let's just say that as a photographer I think it is important to try different perspectives and one of my favorites tends to be from the ground. 


These little guys were everywhere and much bigger then he appears to be here. They seemed to pop up from underground everywhere I looked. 


There is defiantly a large abundance of deer up there. And most of them are very friendly. I think she was interested in the apple that my brother was eating behind me and came closer to me then I was expecting. 


This trail is two miles up and two miles down. In that time there are so many different perspectives and views to take pictures from. There are also many trails such as this one that will jet you off further into the  olympics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment