Sunday, August 25, 2013

At the Foot of Mount Saint Helens

I count myself pretty lucky to live in such a beautiful state. I have grown up being surrounded by beautiful mountains, forests and breathtaking coasts. Since I have lived in the Seattle area for the last ten years, I have spent most of my time in the Olympic mountain range. However, this weekend my brother and I went back to the south side of the state where we use to live when we were younger.

Yale lake is situated at the foot hills of Mount Saint Helens and only twelve miles from Apes Caves. (if you haven't been to Ape Caves...go!) Because we went on a weekday for the most part, we had the lake to ourselves which allowed me to take lots of photographs.


Here is a picture of Yale Lake later in the evening with Mount Saint Helens barely peeking out from behind the clouds in the background. I love photographing in the late afternoon because that is where I tend to find the beautiful golden lighting.


Further back in one of the corners of the lake we found this beautiful little area, although we had to dodge a few tree stumps. 


Loving my macro photography, I was able to relax in the sun and take time to look at the little things. 


Including, this adorable little Newt!


As well as these logs sticking up out of the water surrounded by beautiful shades of blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment