Monday, September 9, 2013

Sypes Canyon

Well I made the long trek slash move to Montana. Since I am still looking for a job, I have lots of time on my hands to go out and explore the area. My first hike that I chose to do was apparently a bit ambitious for me. It was up Sypes Canyon and about a six mile hike...with a lot of incline. As I was breathing heavily and maybe letting my dog pull me a bit, a runner passed me with a gentle wave to make me feel sooo in shape. But, I made it to the top and it was defiantly worth it!


Here is a picture of the trail head at Sypes Canyon. The trail is actually in a neighborhood that backs up to the National Forest. 


Here is a photograph of what some of the trail looked like, it reminds me of an old horse trail. 


We went through lots of ups and downs as well as from trees to rocky trails to meadows. 





Here are four pictures of what it was like at the top of the canyon. 


On the way down I found this little bird and her mate watching me from above. They were a very pretty grey and not like anything I have seen in Washington. 


By September most of the wild flowers are usually gone but I found this little treasure still thriving amongst the changing leaves and grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment