Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Walk on a Spring day....

The change from winter to spring is one of my favorite times of year. The sun starts to come out more and small groups of flowers start emerging from the dreary brown. As a pacific north westerner, it can mean even more rain but mixed with glimpses of that bright yellow light we like to call sun! In the mood to take my camera out, I decided to go on a walk and take pictures of whatever caught my fancy.

For me photography is either planned or unplanned. That seems simple enough, but none the less, they are very different. When photographing people, events or even the 52 week photo challenge it takes a lot of planning and preparation on my part because when you step out into the field you have a set objective you wish to achieve. As you can imagine, sometimes this can take the fun out of photography, which is why I like to step back and go out into the field without a plan, which is exactly what I did today.

Prepared with my plastic bag and rain jacket I set out for the south end of the island and was pleasantly surprised to find the rain had let up. As soon as I parked my car and walked across the street I was greeted by a little song bird, who amazingly, sat long enough for me to take a photo.


I am always amazed at how much there is to take photos of in such a small area (especially when you have a small obsession with flowers). Walking along the beach, there were plenty of flowers for me to oooo and awe over. 




Now thoroughly chilled I decided to go get a cup of coffee to satisfy my coffee addiction (I blame it on living in Seattle)...but not before I found a few more flowers just waiting to be photographed just outside the cafe. 









No comments:

Post a Comment